Wednesday 16 October 2013

things to do while knitting


I have been doing a lot of knitting and crocheting and spending time browsing the many knitting and crochet related sites to be found on the internet. It is a double edged sword in a way because although I get enjoyment and inspiration they can also be a distraction and eat into precious time. However, the sense of community and connectedness is worth it. 

The best things are those that I can watch and listen to while knitting. The fibre factor has been fascinating, particularly getting an insight into the designer’s inspiration and then seeing the results. The 30 day sweater challenge has started. I was tempted but then I remembered this 


and this

and this


Two jumpers on the needles unfinished from winter and a shrug for the warmer weather is enough for the moment but I enjoy watching them chat about knitting while I knit and seeing all the possible variations on top down raglan jumpers.

The podcast I like to listen to while knitting is The New Yorker Fiction podcast but Pam Allen of Quince Yarns and Hannah Fettig of Knitbot have started a podcast, knit.fm and I am very happy to hear two such experienced and talented knitters share their knowledge. Suzy Hausfrau has recently started an Australian based podcast and I have enjoyed her interviews so far.

Perhaps my next installment could be things not to do while knitting?

No comments:

Post a Comment